Legal relations with the public administration increasingly require specialised knowledge. At the same time, the agility required when dealing with public proceedings often leads the administration itself to outsource this function to external service providers to meet their need for advice.
The need to support our clients in their dealings with public administrations, as well as the in-depth knowledge of the administration itself that comes from the previous background as public servants of a substantial part of our legal team, represent the strength of our public law department.
In particular, we provide legal advice on public law matters to public administrations, business entities and trading companies, as well as public sector foundations.
Likewise, we provide legal assistance, advising and defending both individuals and legal entities in administrative and judicial proceedings throughout their relations with the Public Administrations and other public sector entities, in matters including:
Tenders and administrative titles
- Legal assistance in the processing of administrative proceedings for tenders, concessions, licences, authorisations and other administrative titles.
- Administrative and contentious-administrative appeals against administrative acts that terminate concessions, licences, authorisations and other administrative titles.
- Administrative and contentious-administrative appeals before contract appeal courts (TACRC and regional courts).
Grants and subsidies
- Legal assistance in the processing and reception of public subsidies and grants.
- Legal assistance in administrative and contentious-administrative proceedings concerning subsidies and public aids (reimbursement procedures).
- Claims for state liability against Public Administrations.
Regulated Sectors and Competition
- Legal assistance in administrative proceedings and transactions in regulated sectors (transport, ports, coastlines, water, mines, tourism, pharmaceuticals, gambling, telecommunications, banking, energy).
- Legal assistance in administrative and contentious-administrative infringement proceedings before the authorities for the defence of competition (CNMC), the securities market (CNMV) and other regulatory or supervisory bodies (Bank of Spain or the Directorate General of Insurance).
- Legal assistance in administrative and contentious-administrative proceedings for compulsory acquisition, either as the affected party or as the beneficiary, as well as in reversion of expropriation proceedings.
- Legal assistance in administrative infringement procedures.
- Administrative and contentious-administrative appeals against administrative sanctions.
Pablo Gutiérrez Serrano
Garrido Abogados is a multidisciplinary firm with a track record of almost 30 years of excellency and commitment.
Firm of choice for business law in Spain, we deliver a tailored service with excellency as our brand mark.