LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT LAW
Our labor and employment department offers to companies, professional organizations, managers and employees a comprehensive service on preventive and corrective solutions in any labor issue that may arise both nationally and internationally.
Counseling on employment and labor issues is a permanent need for our clients and a priority for our firm. Our labor and employment department offers to companies, professional organizations, managers and employees a comprehensive service on preventive and corrective solutions in any labor contingency that may arise both nationally and internationally.
Our labor lawyers have a deep knowledge of the business sectors, so they work closely with the clients, understand their business and provide a close and quality legal advice committed to their specific needs.
Labour Law advice
- Negotiation of sectorial, company or lower level collective agreements.
- Advice to Review and Interpretation Committees on collective agreements.
- Collective dismissals (Labor force reduction scheme).
- Collective proceedings for suspension of contracts, reduction of working hours, geographical mobility or substantial change of working conditions.
- Negotiation with corporate representation and trade unions.
- Early retirement schemes, complementary welfare schemes.
- Labor due diligence: consistency of working conditions with sectoral, company or workplace collective agreements.
- Access to work: hiring, modalities, bonuses, damages from breach of promise of hiring, exclusivity, post-contractual non-competition.
- Recruitment through temporary employment agencies and auxiliary companies. Risk management of fraudulent hiring and illegal assignment of workers. Corporate successions
- Work schedule, working hours, shift work, overtime and complementary hours, leaves and holidays. Reductions in working hours due to legal guardianship and types of leave of absence.
- Salaries, remuneration structures, absorption and compensation, payment in kind, social benefits.
- Relations with corporate representation: elections, unitary and union representation, guarantees.
- Flexibility measures: substantial change in working conditions, functional and geographical mobility (relocation and transfer), reduction of working hours and salary.
- Termination of the employment relationship: sanctions, disciplinary dismissals and dismissal on objective grounds.
- Expatriates: expatriation conditions, golden parachutes clauses, legal implementation, termination of the employment relationship.Social Security and Unemployment: temporary incapacity, permanent incapacity, unemployment protection, maternity-paternity leaves, widowhood, orphanhood, retirement
- Special labor relations:
- Senior management: contracts, golden parachutes, remuneration, management positions, exclusion from agreement, access to management bodies, social security placing, contract termination.
- Professional athletes: hiring, difficulties and termination of special employment relationship.
- Occupational risks prevention: management of business risk by our own staff or by a third party, coordination of preventive actions and management of eventual accidents in the administrative and jurisdictional phase
- Payslips, contribution forms, company certificates to request benefits, etc.
- Study of the wage structure according to the applicable collective agreement.
- Advice on Social Security contributions and wage effects in Labor force reduction schemes.
- Proceedings before the Social Security, the Public Employment Service, the Labor Inspection and any other public body.
Legal advice on labor litigation
- Sanction and disciplinary dismissal.
- Objective, individual or collective dismissal.
- Job classification.
- Vacations, transfers, substantial changes of working conditions, contract suspensions and reduction of working hours.
- Collective disputes.
- Social Security (contributions and benefits)
- Comprehensive advice before the Labor and Social Security Inspectorate and further management of the administrative and judicial procedure regarding infringement reports and social security payment reports.
- Procedures arose from occupational accidents and illnesses (incapacity, benefits surcharge, claims of damages). Hazardous substances (asbestos).
- Fundamental rights protection.
- Damages caused by the company or by the employee (unfair competition, property damage, etc.)
Garrido Abogados is a multidisciplinary firm with a track record of more than 25 years of excellency and commitment.
Firm of choice for business law in Spain, we deliver a tailored service with excellency as our brand mark.