José Pedreira Menéndez
Graduate in Law from the Oviedo University and PhD in Law “cum laudem”. Mr. José Pedreira Menéndez is professor of Financial and Tax Law and joined the Foundations and Pro Bono Department of Garrido Abogados in 2018. He is specialised in the non-profit sector, he is secretary of the Valdés Salas Foundation and Legal Secretary of the foundations that make up the Network of Technology Centres of the Principality of Asturias. He has advised more than 21 foundations.
He has more than 70 publications regarding Financial and Tax Law. In terms of foundations and patronage taxation he has four monographs, as well as over 30 works including articles and book chapters, nationally and internationally.
Throughout his career he was awarded the Extraordinary Doctorate Prize from the University of Oviedo and the Taxation Prize from the Centro de Estudios Financieros and he received the second prize from the Taxation Prize from the Centro de Estudios Financieros.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the University of Oviedo. 1994
- PhD in Law (1999).
- Secretary of the Valdés Salas Foundation.
- Legal Secretary of the foundations that make up the Network of Technology Centres of the Principality of Asturias; Technological Institute of Materials (ITMA), Technological Centre of Production and Industrial Design (PRODINTEC) and Forestry and Wood Centre (CETEMAS).
- From 2005 to 2016, he has been the Secretary of La Laboral Foundation. Art Center of Industrial Creation.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Radio-Television of the Principality of Asturias.
- Professor of Financial and Tax Law at the University of Oviedo.
- Associate Professor at the Instituto de Empresa in Madrid. Master’s Degree in Tax Consultancy.
- Professor of the Master’s Degree in Tax Consultancy at the University Business Institute (IUDE) of the University of Oviedo.
- Professor of the Master’s degree in Banking and Financial Markets at the University of Cantabria.
- Tax legal advice to non-profit organisations.
- Tax advice in the fields of culture, sport and R+D+I.
- Secretary of foundations.
- Bar Association of Oviedo.
- Spanish Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation.
- Spanish Association of Tax Advisors.
- Spanish association of sports law.
- European Association of Tax Law Professors.
Garrido Abogados is a multidisciplinary firm with a track record of almost 30 years of excellency and commitment.
Firm of choice for business law in Spain, we deliver a tailored service with excellency as our brand mark.