Led by Pablo Figueroa, Garrido Abogados advices a variety of corporations, public entities and professional associations, in a multiplicity of industries, in proceedings before the EU, Spanish and Belgian Competition authorities and Courts. We are experienced in all areas of Spanish, Belgian and EU competition law, ranging from preventive advice to representing and defending clients in administrative sanction proceedings, appeals and claims before Spanish, Belgian and EU courts. The international experience of our lawyers, and a consolidated network of highly acclaimed collaborating law firms in a number of other countries, puts us in a privileged position to coordinate multi-jurisdictional assignments and transactions.
Our Competition law work encompasses areas such as:
- Restrictive practices and the abuse of dominant positions, including the assessment of cooperation and distribution agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Infringement proceedings (including leniency applications) before and inspections by competition authorities.
- Succesfully challenging national regulations as contrary to European law, be it invoking the latter’s direct effect before national courts or by way of complaints to the European Commission.
- Compliance programmes, including practical guidelines, protocols for inspections and training for managers and employees.
- Proceedings before the European Commission and European and national courts, including the recovery of illegal state aid.
- Merger control, including the international coordination of notification proceedings and the design and negotiation of remedies.